I’ve officially taken on more projects than I can handle. You know what your kitchen looks like in the middle of making Christmas cookies–where everything, including the dog, is covered with icing? And everyone, including the kids, are trying to lick it all off before you make them wash the icing off their hands, face, elbows, ankles, and toes? Well, that is what my entire house looks like right now. Minus the dog and the children.
I have single handedly destroyed our house, and currently I am taking a break from putting it all back together. I’ve had some writers block lately, or maybe it’s just a lack of focus because I spend every spare moment of the day making sock monkeys and birdseed balls and holly wreaths and other top secret projects. Is it New Years, yet?
Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE LOVE LOVE this season. I love advent, food, family time, lights, Christmas trees, and especially the amount of time people spend thinking of others and those in need….but it is sometimes overwhelming. It makes it easy to throw your icing-covered hands up in the air and say “Forget this homemade stuff, we’re going to the store!” With that in mind, I put together a little No Bake, Simple Cookie recipe that you can wrap up and give to others in no time, with little effort. The best part? It will help your friends and family make a healthy change without even knowing it!
All you need:
- A Jar
- 1 1/2 cup coconut flakes (Preferably unsweetened, but all I can find around here,short of going to the specialty store, is sweetened)
- 1 1/2 cup pulverized almonds (Just throw them in your food processor or have your kids go at them with a rolling pin–both equally noisy)
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 pinch Salt
1. Combine all ingredients together in a bowl.
- 1. Add 1/8 cup honey.
- 2. Add 1/4 cup oil or peanut butter.
- 3. Roll into balls and chill.
4. If you chose to make these yourself they will turn out looking like this:This is one of our favorite snacks, we have put protein powder in them before, a couple drops of peppermint extract, raisins, we’ve tried all sorts of combinations, but this is our favorite! You could also wrap these up in one of those little tins and give it as a gift already made, they’re very simple and your family and friends will love them! If they don’t, eat them yourself, let them have all of the refined, sugary stuff! 🙂