In addition to a few shopping bags, you might have also acquired a few extra pounds over the weekend. Although we walked the distance of a marathon over the course of three days and I made pretty good choices, I’m sure I packed on a couple pounds as well. In the past, this would have made me feel terrible and I might have just given up and kept eating until New Years, but now I have the tools and knowledge and I realize it doesn’t have to be that way. Today is a new day and I can continue to make healthy choices and stay active and I’ll bounce back in no time! Just as you can!
Now that Thanksgiving is over, people are already asking, “what do you want for Christmas?” This year, instead of saying “Nothing” or “I don’t know,” make yourself a wish list filled with items that will help you work toward your health and fitness goals. What could you use that would make you more successful? If you’re stumped, I’ve got a few ideas that you might want to add to your wishlist.
1. A jump rope- it would make a great stocking stuffer and its a great tool to have on hand.
2. The Primal Blueprint– this is actually on my list as well. Mark Sisson is the author of the blog Mark’s Daily Apple and he focuses on a lifestyle inspired by our Paleotlithic ancestors–no loin clothes involved though.
3. New kitchen gadgets- getting soemthing new always makes me excited to cook and explore more healthy options.
4. Kettlebell- preferably the one with Jillian Michael’s face on it 🙂 (Check on the post “Kettlebells in the Kitchen” if you don’t know what this is).
5. Workout clothes- Look good and feel good while you workout, this can really be a confidence booster.
6. Vibram 5 Fingers– these strange looking shoes have become the only thing I wear to run, lift, walk, and jump in. I do everything in these shoes! They’re great.
7. Sugar Blues by William F. Duffy was one of the first books I read about nutrition- it goes into the history of sugar and the wreckage it has left behind.
8. A pull-up bar- Even if you’ve NEVER done a pull-up, it doesn’t mean you never will! Get one and start working toward it!
9. Trigger Point Massage Therapy– After all of this working out, you’re going to start getting a little sore. This Trigger Point therapy will help you manage that soreness and increase your mobility.
11. A gym membership- I’m sure you could find a great holiday deal.
12. A workout DVD- maybe the gym is too far away or to expensive, go find a workout DVD and workout in your own living room!
There you are, 12 great additions to your Christmas wish list! Make this years gifts worth while!
Also, you might have noticed I don’t have this weeks meal plan posted, it was a very busy weekend with family in town, so I will have another one posted this weekend. You can always use any one of the three that have already been posted if you’re looking for a plan for this week!